Sep 08, 2022
This 'list of requirements' RFP template is designed to help you understand the features and functionality that a best-of-breed specialist platform for last mile delivery management should be able to offer in 2021-22.
We've split the requirements by environment and topic to make it easier to consume and compare offerings across different providers.
The list was compiled based on our in-depth understanding of the urban logistics industry and in co-operation with a selection of our customers - to ensure coverage across their specific use cases and requirements for effective last mile delivery management.
1-1. Setup and configuration
- 1-1-a. Set up distribution centres/hubs/depots with operational times and restrictions
- 1-1-b. Configure distribution center working hours
- 1-1-c. Configure distribution center loading times, offloading times and vehicle capacity
- 1-1-d. Add external carriers to which the platform will assign delivery jobs
- 1-1-e. Easily integrate platform with external carrier technology systems
- 1-1-f. Option to configure external carriers to access a locked platform environment - often called an "associated platform". Typically useful for smaller carriers without their own route optimisation systems
1-2. Fleet management
- 1-2-a. Support vehicle setup parameters: capacity, weight, volume and any special features (e.g. refrigeration, lift, crane)
- 1-2-b. Configure vehicle capacity parameters and dimensions specific to delivery type and workflows (e.g. pallets, boxes, barrels, crates)
- 1-2-c. Set vehicle cost parameters (cost per day, per hour, per km driven, etc)
- 1-2-d. Set special vehicle restrictions (e.g. range, length of shift, type of driver license)
- 1-2-e. Option to flag vehicles for specific capabilities (e.g. refrigeration, loading from both sides, electric, crane)
- 1-2-f. Set vehicle acceleration and cruising speed figures