Marketing & Communication
In this episode Michael and Ian look into explaining the challenges and opportunities for e-commerce and the last mile, and explore:
● The sudden boom in e-commerce – including grocery delivery, and how e-commerce merchants are capitalising on the boom.
● Using creativity in the last mile to cope with the drastic growth: how to enable local e-commerce.
● The increasing of capacity in response to a surge in orders: longer wait times for deliveries, delivery windows filling, ow to deliver faster, warehouses and personnel (including drivers), automation and scaling up operations.
● How to cope with staff shortages: fast on-boarding of new drivers, how Urbantz helped Red Cross France with the rapid expansion of its COVID-19 home delivery service.
● How Carrefour is innovating to serve customers who aren’t tech-savvy.
● Contactless delivery options for residential delivery.
● Balancing loads across networks and route optimisation.
● Communicating with the customer during delivery (interactive delivery management) and the customer experience: real time notifications and the impact on reducing calls to customer support.
● Preparing for the post-COVID19 world: the importance of agility, technology to serve the market, the risk of putting projects on hold, will new e-commerce customers stick with e-commerce after the COVID-19 threat recedes, fast delivery and green delivery trends.
● Changes to the supply chain, including local fulfilment.
Want to test Urbantz’s delivery management system? Request your demo today.